The building which is part of the residence, is mentioned for the first time in documents of 1259, and in 1414 the building is already listed as a stately home.
Over the centuries it has undergone major changes, and elevations, while retaining its elegant and sophisticated look.
Belonged to the Spinola family, it appears in the register of the Ligurian Republic in 1798 as Christopher Spinola properties. In several successive changes of ownership becomes the property of Gio Batta De Ferrari last sole owner.
In 1996 it was bound as a historic-artistic building from the Heritage and Landscape of Liguria.